For a complete list of student mentoring, professional service, and organizational membership, please see my Curriculum vitae.
Just as it is our responsibility as scientists to guide the general public away from any misinformation and “alternative facts” surrounding our field of study so we may all collectively benefit from the fruits of scientific discovery, I strongly believe it is a core tenet of any good scientist, regardless of academic level or prestige, to strive to improve the group of which they are a part of. From early in my scientific career I have been dedicated to improving the educational opportunities and welfare of the biology student body through leadership positions within the academic environment.
- President, Concordia Biology Graduate Student Association 2017-2018
- Chair Organizing Committee, Third Annual Beyond Books: Alumni Panel Discussion for Community Building and Career Development in Biology 2018
- Chair Organizing Committee, Second Annual Beyond Books: Alumni Panel Discussion for Community Building and Career Development in Biology 2017
- President, Concordia Biology Student Association 2016-2017
- Chair Organizing Committee, Beyond Books: Alumni Panel Discussion for Community Building and Career Development in Biology 2016
- Vice-President of Internal Affairs, Concordia Biology Student Association 2015-2016
- Reviewer, Journal of Sustainable Forestry 2020-
- Scientific Director and Board of Directors, LIVSASA 2020-
- Editor, SCB Animal Behaviour Working Group Newsletter 2019-
- President and Founder, SCB Montreal Chapter 2017-
- Media Intern, United Nations’ Rio+20 Initiative Future Earth 2017-2018